Holy Ascension Church was consecrated in October 1838 and the first burials in the churchyard took place the following year. The original churchyard has been extended twice in the intervening years and is again almost full with most burials now taking place in the adjacent “civic” cemetery operated by Settle Town Council.

The churchyard consists of three connected burial grounds, known locally, and in the registers, as the “Ancient”, “Old” and “New” Grounds.  It is a cherished part of our church and is lovingly maintained throughout the year by a dedicated team of volunteers.

Graveyard Regulations

Settle Graveyard Project