The first entry in the Register of Burials was that of 9 month old Nancy Hey who was buried on 4 March 1843. Her 1 year old sister Margaret was the second entry on 6 June of the same year.
Nearly 200 years later and the churchyard is still open for burials. It is a place of solitude and peace for those visiting graves and for visitors alike. A dedicated group of local volunteers keep the churchyard maintained and looking tidy. Some areas around the edge are left to grow wild, which is great for wildlife.
On-line Burial Records